Saturday, October 18, 2008

Home Sick

Cricket launched in Georgia and I had the opportunity to participate. It was a lot of hard work and a great chance to build relationships with people throughout the country. In addition, I had never been to Georgia before. Bonus!

Sunday, I got on the plane and a man came up and said, "Hi, I have a 1st class seat, would you mind trading me so I can sit with my family?" How fast do you think I sprung from that seat?! That was a hell of a lot better than sitting in coach! Tuesday, I woke up with a sore throat, which sucked because my assigned task was to assist customers at busy stores during the launch. I lost my voice and my throat hurt like crazy all day.

Tuesday night, there was a party, and I stayed and spoke with many people including executives and my counterparts in different areas of the country. I left early to hopefully get some rest in. When I got back to the hotel, I crashed! Wednesday, I changed my flight to get back home sooner. Good thing I did, because I went to the doctor on Thursday to learn I had strep! I've been miserable since, but getting better.

Next time and every time going forward, I'm taking Airborne when I fly!!!