Monday, November 3, 2008

It Looks Like A Lawhead Owns It!

I always try to detail the cars in the spring and the fall to prepare them for the harsh winter weather and to shine them after the winter passes. I took the day off and decided to get the Mazda detailed today while I had the time and weather was cooperating. Ethan helped me clay the car. Clay is used to removed small contaminants to smooth out the surface before polishing and waxing.


As Ethan is wiping the detailing spray away after using the clay, his reflection is clear in the paint. That was before wax was put on! If you could feel the panel, it was smooth as glass. Perfect for polish and wax. He did a great job helping me prep the car!


Here's the finished product. You can see the refection of the driveway and hose in the doors. We used detailing clay on the entire car, paint cleaner (mild polish) on the sky-facing panels, and then topped it off with Meguiar's Tech Wax. I also used my PowerBall Mini for the first time and polished the tailpipes.

This is the only time I've detailed the Mazda this year since time has gotten away from me. I usually wash it every week and use detailing spray to keep the paint protected and shiny, so this job wasn't very difficult. Unfortunately, I didn't check the weather forcast and we are supposed to get rain/snow tomorrow. When I started on the car, it was sunny. As you can see, it got gloomy throughout the day. You can thank me for the storm we are about to get. Since I waxed the car, it will be 10 times worse than it would have originally been. But hey, the car looks great for at least a day. As I like to say, "It looks like a Lawhead owns it."


1 comment:

Melissa said...

Your car looks awesome! It really turned out good. I will say thank you for the lovely storm today. At least we got a lot of rain and not just a drizzle (or in other words, enought to get the car dirty! =o) ) It looks like a Lawhead owns it, and it also has the Lawhead luck! =o) Your cars always look awesome though! And Ethan did a great job helping out!